People believe Kotlin will soon replace Java for Android app development due to its growing popularity. The android developer community accepts and loves Kotlin, a modern, pragmatic, and cross-platform language.
Since Google stated that the Kotlin programming language is now its preferred language for Android development, many developers have switched to Kotlin.
As a result, new job titles such as Kotlin Android developers and Kotlin developers have appeared. This blog attempts to clarify the tasks and responsibilities of Kotlin developers, as well as their salaries, scope and required abilities.
Let’s take a closer look at what a Kotlin developer is and how the need for Kotlin developers is growing.
What Is Kotlin?
Kotlin is a modern, compact, and cross-platform general-purpose programming language that works seamlessly with Java. Safety, interoperability, excellent tools support, and clarity are all priorities.
JetBrains, a major software development firm that creates superb IDEs for popular programming languages, created and maintains it.
Why Kotlin For Android Development?
With Google’s official support for Kotlin, the answer to this question became clearer. Since Google I/O in 2019, Android development has shifted to Kotlin. This is because Kotlin is often thought to be superior to Java.
It’s expressive, type-safe, and null-safe at the same time. While Kotlin is not a replacement for Java, it integrates well with the language, making it simple for developers to use both Kotlin libraries and Java at the same time.
Developers can use as little or as much of the Kotlin language as they desire because it is 100 percent compatible with Java.
Key Advantages Of Kotlin:
- Secure and concise code
- Interoperability with Java
- Easy debugging
- Modern, faster, and safe
- Compiler efficient
- Easier to maintain
- Boosts developer productivity
- Supports multi-platform development
- Less and clear code
Over 60% of professional Android developers use Kotlin to improve productivity, developer happiness, and performance.
Who Is A Kotlin Developer?
An Android developer is a skilled programmer who works with the Kotlin programming language. Typically, they are Android developers who can create Kotlin-based Android applications.
Note: Kotlin Android Developers must have a strong understanding of Java because Kotlin is 100 percent compatible with Java, and as a developer, you’ll need to know Java at some level to develop Android apps.
Kotlin Android Developers Roles And Responsibilities:
Except for having extensive knowledge of Kotlin, the tasks and responsibilities of Kotlin developers are comparable to those of Android developers.
- From the ground up, designing and developing modern, secure, and feature-rich Android applications in Kotlin.
- Translate drawings and wireframes into code by understanding the requirements.
- To increase performance, find and fix bugs.
- Collaborating with the design and testing teams to produce high-performance apps
- Work with APIs and data sources in accordance with the specifications.
- Assist in the maintenance of code quality, reusability, and ongoing code evaluation.
- To improve the developer experience, find and integrate new technologies.
- Unit testing ensures your code is bug-free, dependable, and provides the greatest user experience possible.
- Plan, develop, and ship new features in collaboration with team members.
- Implement security measures that are consistent with the overall security goals.
- Using Kotlin, plan, develop, construct, and release an end-to-end Android mobile app.
Android Kotlin developers are mostly concerned with creating Android apps with solid backend integration. They are in charge of developing and maintaining Android apps from concept to release, as well as continuing product development.
What Skills Do You Need To Become A Kotlin Android Developer:
To become an Android Kotlin developer, you’ll need the following skills:
- Android app development experience is a plus.
- To produce clear, understandable, and maintainable code, proficiency in Java and Kotlin is required.
- Android SDK and Android Studio knowledge.
- Experience in the architecture, flow, design, development, and release of mobile apps.
- Agile development ideas and CI/CD pipelines must be understood.
- Extensive experience developing end-to-end Android mobile apps, including design, development, and distribution to app stores.
- App lifecycle, architecture concepts, and design foundations are all well-understood.
- Strong technical and communication skills, as well as a problem-solving approach.
- To connect the app with backend services, you should be familiar with RESTful APIs and XML.
- Knowledge of current and developing mobile app trends, architectures, and technologies.
- To make user interaction easier, you need to have a good understanding of state management.
- Agile and DevOps approaches are familiar to you.
- GitHub, for example, requires knowledge of version control systems and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Excellent time management abilities, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
- To create outstanding Android products, you must be a critical thinker, an analyser, and a curious professional.
The skills listed above are non-technical, technical, and general and are required to begin your android development career.
Let’s go to the compensation aspect now that you know what abilities you should have and what obligations you have.
Kotlin Developer Salary: How Much Does A Kotlin Android Developer Make?
We are all aware that the more years of experience you have, the higher you will rise in the ranks. Kotlin’s developers’ pay is determined by a variety of criteria, including their level of competence, location, and skills.
According to PayScale, a software developer with Kotlin programming language abilities earns an annual income of $720,000.
Entry-level Kotlin developer jobs start at $380,000 a year, according to Talent.com. Based on 180 salaries given, the average Kotlin Developer salary in India is 900,000 per year.
The average annual compensation for a Kotlin Developer in the United States is $127,541 per year, according to ZipRecruiter.
The bulk of Kotlin developer salaries presently vary from $113,000 to $147,000 per year in the United States, with top earners earning $158,000 per year.
In the United Kingdom, the average income for a Kotlin Android developer is £60,464 per year. It can be roughly £40,000 per year for an entry-level professional, with experienced personnel earning up to £85,000 per year.
Kotlin has become one of the most popular programming languages in the world, with one of the fastest-growing communities. With a small learning curve, Android developers can simply switch to Kotlin.
Now that you know the professional aspect of Kotlin, I hope it helped you get the required information for a future in Kotlin android app development.
We at Nullclass also provide you with courses centred on app development using real-time scenario to ensure learning is proper and practical. Do check out our courses if you want to get the edge with app development.
Have a nice day.
0 responses on "Kotlin Developer – Responsibilities, Skills, Scope And More"