How to build an android application like Netflix
Do you remember the time when you and your siblings used to fight for the TV remote? Those days now belong to the past. With online movie streaming android services, you are free to watch anything, anytime, and on different platforms.
The video streaming industry has an estimated worth over $125 billion in coming five years. There’s no better time to start on this journey and be a part of this expanding market.
Now, before beginning with the technicalities, let’s understand what netflix is and how it has become No.1 streaming platform.
Netflix is currently leading the video streaming market. Something that started as a DVD-by-mail company in 1997 is worth over 118 million paid subscribers. But, what is the reason behind this popularity?
Netflix started by launching a web-page. They modified the “pay per rental” scheme
into a “monthly subscription” model. Netflix focused on online streaming services and it worked. In 2008, netflix finally introduced the streaming service we all have.
Today, the company has earned praise for its original shows, television classics, and movies. Netflix estimated its revenue as high as $17.3 billion in 2019. Let’s begin with our journey to build an android video streaming application like Netflix.
About the training:
Candidates who wish to enroll for the course will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Student will be required to attend the training through 17+ hours of video series. Student will be able to access the videos available under the curriculum column.
- Once the student has completed the video lectures, they will receive a mail
regarding the project that he or she will be required to implement.
- The student will be required to share their project’s APK and code to us as soon as he/she completes the task.
- PC or Laptop with any OS
- Interest to learn android.
What You Will Learn:
- Andriod Studio Download
- Email id Login and validation
- Data validation
- Pattern matching
- exceprtion handling
- Date validation
- Automatic login
- unit testing
- ui testing
- Payment Gateway through razorpay
- Json converter
- Splash Screen
- Recycler View
- Card View
- Bottom Navigation view
- Different Layouts
- Dialog box
Once the student completes the training and submits the project assigned to him/her via mail, he/she will be eligible to get a certificate after verification.
For verification process, students will be required to explain each problem in short and upload the apk to the following link: https://www.diawi.com/
Students will be required to submit the code to Github https://github.com/
After completing these tasks, they will be required to mail us both the links to the email address – [email protected] along with your username.
Features and benefits:
- After completing the training, you will be able to build a real-world streaming application just like netflix.
- MNCs require experience and some hard-earned projects in your skills. After
the training, you will have access to both.
- You will receive a professional mentoring which will make you ready for the
- With the knowledge on how to make a streaming application, you can
monetize yourself and start freelancing.
- Students will get access to one mentor until the completion of training. Students will be able to ask doubts via posting on a portal or directly messaging to the mentor.
- Students will get Prize Money as Rs 1000 if students complete the training in 25 days.
- WhatsApp support: Students will have access to the premium whatsapp group
once they are enrolled in this training where they can directly ask questions to the mentors.
- Team viewer support: In case the doubts are not resolved, students will be
able to connect to the mentors and share the screen through the team viewer in order to have a more clear solution for their doubts. – https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
- After the successful completion of the course, students will receive a course
completion certificate, internship certificate, experience letter, and letter of recommendation.
- Students can get refund with in 7 days of enrollment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will we get one to one mentor ?
Ans . Yes, every student will have access to one mentor until they complete the training.
2. Is there 24/ 7 support available ?
Ans. Yes, students can contact us anytime they want.
3. How will our daily progress be checked ?
Ans. This training is self paced and students can complete it according to their speed and comfort.
4. Do we get real – industry experience ?
Ans. Yes, students will definitely get exposure to the real industry experience as we will teach students the current work happening in the industry.
5. Do we get a completion certificate ?
Ans. Yes, students will get your completion certificate.
6. Do we get any job recommendations from your side ?
Ans. Yes, students will receive job recommendations from NullClass.
7. There are other platforms to learn. What is unique in your training ?
Ans. Unlike other platforms, NullClass will provide students real industry insights and job recommendation to get a job easily.
8. Do you offer demo classes ?
Ans. Yes, students will getting demo of the training before enrolling.
|Section 1: Introduction and Source Code|
|Netflix Introduction and basics||FREE||00:13:00|
|Netflix Source Code||00:00:00|
|Section 2: Programming Basics|
|Programming Basics 1||FREE||00:14:00|
|Programming Basics 2||00:31:00|
|Programming Basics 3||FREE||00:10:00|
|Programming Basics 4||00:22:00|
|OOPS Concepts 1||00:42:00|
|OOPS Concepts 2||00:24:00|
|Android Basics 1||00:24:00|
|Android Basics 2||00:03:00|
|Section 3: Creation of Netflix App|
|Netflix final splash screen||00:31:00|
|Netflix Sign In Part 1||00:32:00|
|Netflix Sign In Part 2||00:35:00|
|Netflix Sign In Part 3||00:19:00|
|Netflix Swipe Screen Part 1||00:35:00|
|Netflix Swipe Screen Part 2||00:32:00|
|Netflix Swipe Screen Part 3||00:43:00|
|Netflix Step One Part 1||00:50:00|
|Netflix Step one Part 2||00:30:00|
|Netflix Choose Your Plan part 1||00:50:00|
|Netflix Choose Your Plan Part 2||00:45:00|
|Netflix Finish Up Account||00:32:00|
|Netflix Step Two Part 1||00:35:00|
|Netflix Step two part 2||00:19:00|
|Netflix Step three||00:45:00|
|Netflix Payment Gateway UI||00:53:00|
|Netflix Payment gateway UI Part 2||00:00:00|
|Netflix Payment Gateway java 1||00:46:00|
|Netflix Payment gateway Java 1.2||00:01:00|
|Netflix Payment gateway java Part 2||00:31:00|
|Netflix Sign In and Sign Up Backend||00:17:00|
|Netflix Step Two Backend BackEnd||00:33:00|
|Netflix backend 1.1||00:38:00|
|Netflix Backend 1.2||00:44:00|
|Netflix Backend 1.3||00:44:00|
|Netflix Backend 1.4||01:00:00|
|Netflix backend 1.5||00:25:00|
|Netflix API Fetching Data Part 1||00:04:00|
|Netflix Toolbars for main screens||00:34:00|
|Netflix Bottom Navigation UI||00:20:00|
|Netflix Bottom Navigation Java||00:18:00|
|Netflix API Fetching data part 2||00:49:00|
|Netflix API fetching data part 3||00:16:00|
|Netflix API fetching data part 4||00:20:00|
|Netflix API Fetching Data Part 5||00:51:00|
|Netflix Movie Details||FREE||00:21:00|
|Netflix Video Player||FREE||00:24:00|
|Netflix Settings 2||00:18:00|
|Netflix Backend 1.6||01:15:00|
|Netflix App Unit Testing||00:33:00|
|Netflix Internet Connection Error||00:20:00|
|Netflix GitHub Create Account||00:09:00|
|Netflix GitHub Upload Project||00:06:00|